- Light―Science & Magic provides you with a comprehensive theory of the nature and principles of light, with examples and instructions for practical application.
- Mastering this key skill has the power to dramatically and quickly improve your photographs as well as your efficiency.
Photographic lighting is a topic that will never go out of style, no matter how sophisticated cameras and other technology get. Even with the most high-tech gear, photographers still need to put a lot of thought and vision into lighting their photographs in order to get great results.
Featuring photographs, diagrams, and step-by-step instructions, this book speaks to photographers of varying levels. It provides invaluable information on how to light the subjects, such as surfaces, metal, glass, liquids, extremes (black-on-black and white-on-white), and portraits.
This new edition includes:
• Expanded chapters on portraiture and lighting equipment
• Chapters on necessary equipment when working on location versus in the studio
• An updated appendix of reliable photo gear sources
• Over 100 new photographs and informational sidebars
• Updated information about advances in flash equipment, LED panels, and fluorescent lights