Shannon Liao / The Verge:
University of Arizona tracks freshman students’ usage of ID cards, which can be swiped at library, snack machines, and more, to intervene with likely dropouts — The University of Arizona is tracking freshman students’ ID card swipes to anticipate which students are more likely to drop out.
- Student Resource: Microsoft Invests in “future developers” with $100 credit, Free Library of Software, and Cutting Edge Courses
- The rise of cryptocurrency mining has created a global shortage of high-end graphics cards from Nvidia and AMD, driving up prices for retail gamers/buyers (Timothy B. Lee/Ars Technica)
- Snap apologizes for approving 3rd-party ad with “would you rather” options for slapping Rihanna, punching Chris Brown; Rihanna rejects apology, stock down 4.6%+ (Shannon Liao/The Verge)
- Amazon confirms some Alexa devices are randomly laughing and says it’s working on a fix, after multiple users posted about it on social media (Shannon Liao/The Verge)
- Earny, which checks for price drops on items users bought and then asks retailers like Target or Amazon for a refund, raises $9M Series A led by Mayfield (Katie Roof/TechCrunch)
See Full Post : http://www.techmeme.com/180313/p9#a180313p9