Andrew Ross Sorkin / New York Times:
Larry Page-backed flying taxi firm Kitty Hawk signs agreement with New Zealand government to test autonomous planes as part of an official certification process — Since October, a mysterious flying object has been seen moving through the skies over the South Island of New Zealand.
- Uber partners with NASA for its Elevate flying car project, aims to launch aerial taxis in Los Angeles by 2020 (Andrew J. Hawkins/The Verge)
- Alphabet says Project Loon balloons in Puerto Rico have delivered internet service to 100K people; Puerto Rico has a population of around 3.5M (Nick Statt/The Verge)
- FireEye reports suspected Chinese hacker group TEMP.Periscope has been increasing attacks at US engineering and defense companies linked to the South China Seas (David Tweed/Bloomberg)
- Hungary-based AImotive raises $38M Series C for its autonomous driving tech, led by B Capital Group and Prime Ventures with Cisco, Samsung, Bosch participating (Dean Takahashi/VentureBeat)
- US government controls access to sensitive satellite imagery by regulating sales and buying exclusive imagery rights, driving business to other countries (Sarah Scoles/Wired)
See Full Post : http://www.techmeme.com/180313/p2#a180313p2